|Pay Pool Administrators (PPA):|
The new CAS2Net 2.0 application offers PPA’s additional capabilities and functionality designed to give you flexibility in managing your organization, employee records, and the pay pool process activities. In addition, many of the change requests that you previously sent to the Program Office will now be manageable through the improved CAS2Net 2.0 user interface featuring numerous Self-Help functions. CAS2Net 2.0 will be deployed in October 2018 for use by NAVAIR HQ. All other users will be rolled into CAS2Net 2.0 following the FY18 cycle processing and payout. You will get access to the system in February 2019 prior to the mid-year assessment cycle. The program office will also offer online training for PPA’s with the “CAS2Net 2.0 for PPA’s” course along with an updated User Guide which will be available in October.
Online PPA Training will be released to the AcqDemo website in October to assist PPA’s with the following:
* Access and Login
* Use of Contribution Plan Module
* Enabling Mandatory Objectives
* Inserting Employee Records (Demo and non-Demo)
* Modifying Employee Record and Transfer Pay Pool
* Creating Supervisory Structure
* Change Role
Additional training for PPA’s will be deployed in February 2019 on the following topics:
* Generating Reports
* History Module Features
* Superuser – Change Role
* eDocuments Module
* Obtaining Digital Signatures
Benefits – Why Transition?
In addition to the benefits outlined for the workforce, the following are other benefits to the CAS2Net 2.0 application.
- CAS2Net 2.0 will improve end-of-cycle activities and outcomes with the use of the latest processes and tools. It will offer enhanced and optimized features, such as self-help functionality and thus afford more system ownership and flexibility to the local Pay Pool Administrators. Because CAS2Net 2.0 is a critical application in AcqDemo, we are reducing any operational and/or security risks that could arise from legacy code or architecture.
- CAS2Net 2.0 will perform well even with an increased workload. This scalability will enable CAS2Net 2.0 to increase performance and efficiency as the AcqDemo population continues to grow and/or during surges in processing demand, such as just before a pay pool meeting. CAS2Net 2.0 will serve AcqDemo users in a context of growth; planning for growth will lead to efficient operations now and in the future.
Increased Capacity and Availability
- CAS2Net 2.0 will allow optimal utilization of resources, taking advantage of the AcqDemo data, records, and workload being distributed across multiple production servers. Report generation will especially benefit from enhanced operations across this enhanced server architecture.
- A new Smart Search feature allows users to narrow the results of a table search automatically as they type search criteria for each column. This will help pull data from a large number of records with minimum time and effort
As a Pay Pool Administrator:
- Understand the impact of getting up to speed with CAS2Net 2.0; set-aside time to train and transition
- Become familiar with CAS2Net 2.0 self-help features (leverage new training and user guide available in October)
- Plan for additional capabilities through the new self-service features of CAS2Net 2.0
- Expect a potential increased call volume and questions from users following rollout
- Ensure you are ready to access, login and support employees and supervisors with CAS2Net 2.0 in February 2019 prior to the mid-year review cycle
- Validate CAS2Net 2.0 records; CAS2Net 2.0 must be ready for employees and supervisors prior to the mid-year review cycle
- Effective February 1, 2019, use the ALTESS Service Desk as the central repository for your problem tickets; use for both CAS2Net and CAS2Net 2.0. The CAS2Net Support email to GDIT (CAS2NetSupport@csra.com) should not be used after January 31, 2019.
The ALTESS Service Desk contact information is:
CAS2Net Sunset and CAS2Net 2.0 Fully Deployed – 15 February 2019
• CAS2Net (legacy version) will be retired in February 2019
• All records and data will be migrated from CAS2Net to CAS2Net 2.0. Data previously entered into CAS2Net including Contribution Planning and Additional Feedback will be available from CAS2Net 2.0.